Saturday, February 15, 2014

Tubular Subframe with Ford 302

This is actually the prototype of a tubular subframe I put together. It ended up being used in a 2002 SE Miata with a slightly modified 302 and T5 transmission.








Installing in car showing relationships of motor mounts. The mounts were offset towards the passenger side to allow for maximum clearance at the steering shaft. These headers are Ford Motorsports/Patriot 8427 1 5/8 tubes, but this approach may work with others as well.









4 comments:

  1. what are the specs of the tubing that you used for the subframe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All tubing is 1/8" wall DOM, which is mild steel. Main members are 1.5" dia, The first few I did had a curved brace from the side pieces up to the front crossmember that was 1/8" wall DOM 1" dia. The flat stock ranges from 1/8", 3/16" to 1/4".

      Delete
  2. How much?? I'm trying to keep my miata on the road and the engine and trans both failed, I already have another engine and trand but from a different car that I want to swap in but oil pan and subframe are kissing, a tubular one would solve my problems.. if you still make these I would love to have one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also like to know if these are available and how much.

    ReplyDelete